Friday, July 27, 2012

Figment – 07-14-12 WY/Canada Trip – Great Falls, MT to Okotoks, AB, CanadaToday’s drive was mostly in rolling plains. Very pretty. We saw miles of fields of canola (yellow) and some fields of flax (blue/purple). I think Mama Mary has some pictures to share with you.

We crossed into Canada today at Coutts, Alberta. Mama Conni was very concerned since they brought a supply of wine and whiskey to last for 2 months of sharing with new friends on the road. You’re really not allowed to take much into Canada. So, we finally pull up and, sure enough, they ask about how much liquor is on board. Well, she was very honest and listed every single thing we had. His comment was “that’s some bar you’ve got”. No tax, no levy, no confiscating. Wow, after about 20 questions, we just breezed thru.

Canadian Customs - breezed through without an inspection!
We spent the nite at an RV Park near Okotoks. It really was much more like an old fishing camp. I saw my first deer of this trip right up by my side. She was so close and didn’t seem to be bothered by me at all. I also saw a beautiful little yellow and black bird. The Mamas forgot to bring their bird book, I think, so we’re not sure what kind it was.


There was a very whimsical place right next to us. Guess they had lived there a long time?

My puppies are tired, so I’m calling it a nite. Nite, nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment