Wytheville is a very short drive from Max Meadows and we went there several times for dinner and shopping.
In 1792 the town was known as Evansham, but was renamed to Wytheville in 1839, after a disastrous fire. The county was named Wythe in 1789 after George Wythe, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Even though the population is only around 8,200, there are many churches and homes on the National Register of Historical Places.
We were invited into the house below by the owner. We only got a peek at 2 rooms, but he had some interesting history to tell. The plaque was sitting in the entryway.
Conni at work in Figment