Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Figment - 05-27-10

Good nite’s rest. I heard them say that we’re heading north again and then will begin going west on I-70. Wow, I’ve never seen miles and miles of wheat fields before. Very pretty. Llamas in waist deep grass, pretty cool. Man, hundreds of huge windmills. So many things I’ve never seen before. This is a pretty neat day. Spending the nite at a campground in Oakley, KS., birthplace of Buffalo Bill. This is truly the High Plains. Can’t believe the wind. At the RV park, they tell the owners not to use their awnings and they have a separate building where you can go play games, etc. to be out of the wind. We’ll be here 2 nites because Mama Mary is working remote tomorrow. A nice rest for me since I had to do some moderate climbing yesterday. Got down to 6:4th gear a few times. I heard we’ll be in Colorado Saturday, so I know more than moderate climbing is ahead. Hope Mama Conni is prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment