Sunday, August 19, 2012


Conni – 07-31-12 WY/Canada Trip – Sherwood Park / Edmonton, AB
OK, this morning I had a scare!! Not what you would expect either. I went to check our water connection to be sure it wasn’t leaking. While I was bent over, I heard a loud “whoosh” right above my head! Glad no one was watching because I sure did jump up fast to see what it was. Any guesses? Well, it was a Pileated Woodpecker. I don’t know if it did that because babies were close or it was just having fun. Sure did scare me though. It went immediately to a tree about 25 ft. away and stayed there for a minute or so, then just stayed in the general area for a few more minutes. Got my blood pumping early. Reminded me of how Mockingbirds at home will dive bomb you if they have babies nearby.
Of course I had to look up some information on it and found it is about crow size and the largest woodpecker in the U.S.  So, think of that swooping down right atcha J


Pileated Woodpecker
We spent most of the day with Bob. We took advantage of their hospitality and did our laundry, caught up on e-mail, and even watched some of the Olympics. After Francoise got home, the four of us went out to dinner (letting someone else do the work).

No comments:

Post a Comment