Friday, August 24, 2012


Figment – 08-06-12 WY/Canada Trip – St Albert, AB to Saskatoon, SK
Today was a windy drive! I did not like that at all. Mama Conni had to drive 2-handed, really concentrate, and continually make adjustments to keep me in my lane. I could tell it was very tiring for her.
When we weren’t fighting to stay in our lane, I enjoyed seeing more fields of corn and my first potato fields.

When we were about 30 minutes away from our campsite, it started getting really cloudy. The further we went, the darker the clouds. Then the wind picked up even more. I started not to like that because all that wind hurts my sides some. In other words, it was getting old fast. Then, BOOM, something on my roof sounded like it was coming off. That scared us all. The wind was really blowing hard by now. It kept sounding like the roof was being torn off. Then, the rain started and I could barely see where I was going. Mama Conni decided rather quickly that we had to pull over to be safe. There was not much of an edge to sit on and when trucks passed, it really rocked us. It was bad enough with just the wind. It felt like it was trying to push me over and I’m a pretty big gal. Several other vehicles on both sides sought the refuge of sitting on the sidelines while the worst of the storm passed.
When it finally got to where we could see the other side of the road and in front of us we slowly made our way back on the road. We were in our campsite in about 15 minutes or so. No rain there! What a day. I’m going to sleep early tonite.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment